We recently looked at all the advantages that treadmill workouts provide for weight loss. Now it’s time to share some actual workouts so you can begin running and lose weight. Here are 5 popular treadmill workouts that promote rapid weight loss. Do mind that every treadmill training sessions should be preceded by a thorough warm-up of your legs. Warm-up your hips, knees, ankles and leg muscles to avoid any unwanted injury.
1. 300-calorie-burning treadmill routine – one option is a 20minute workout, where the incline is altered every 30 seconds or 1 minute. This keeps your treadmill workout varied, and keeps your heart beating at different rates, allowing for good all-round cardio training and a 300 calorie loss. Check the picture available below for all the details of this treadmill workout.
2. 20 Minute Glut Busting Workout – if you want to get more defined glut muscles from your treadmill workouts, and burn a cool 150 calories at the same time, follow this programme with varying inclines, but less intense than the previous workout. Check the image provided below for all the details of the 20-minute hill-walking treadmill workout. Don’t forget to note an important tip for this workout. Adjust your speed according to your fitness level. Beginners should start with 3.5 mph (5.6 km/h), intermediate users should pick 4 mph (6.4 km/h), while advanced treadmill runners can go as high as 5mph (8 km/h).
3. The ‘Broderick Crawford’ – for this weight loss treadmill workout you start off with a 10 minute warm up, then run for 10 minutes at your long-distance running speed, recover for 4 minutes by jogging, then do another 10 minutes at your long-distance speed, another 4 minutes jogging and then 10 minutes of slowly running to cool down. This is a longer treadmill workout for weight loss for those who want to achieve the goals faster.
4. Interval Workout – This is a 40-minute long interval training workout that will allow you to burn 500 calories. Perform it 5 times a week and you will ‘waste’ a total of 2500 calories. This means that you will have to adjust your diet and save about 150 more daily in order to sum up 3600, the equivalent of 1 pound weight loss. Interval workouts are some of the most popular workouts for fast weight loss. This one is build by 17 intervals. The speed varies for each interval in order to alternate the exhaustion with the resting periods. The incline for this treadmill workout for weight loss remains zero during the entire workout. Check the picture provided below and get all the details of this treadmill interval workout. You even have information about the calories burned for every interval. Note that the amount of calories burned are for a 130 lbs (59 kg) woman. The amount of calorie burned is higher if your weight is higher and/or if you are a male.
5. 2000 Calories in a Week – this treadmill workout is more long term than the other two, and helps you lose 2,000 calories over the course of one week. Since you need to burn 3,500 calories per pound of fat, you can still continue eating what you want and you’ll lose more than a pound of fat every 2 weeks. So here is the actual workout:
Monday: Power walk (30 minutes); Strength-training (20 minutes).
Tuesday: Warm up (Walk easily, then briskly: 3 minutes); Power walk (2 minutes); Run fast (but don’t sprint: 2 minutes); Repeat Steps 1 & 2 (10 times); Walk easily (2 minutes).
Wednesday: Warm Up (Walk easily: 5 minutes); Do your favorite strength-training move (12 reps); Power walk at 4% to 6% incline (3 minutes); Repeat Steps 1 & 2 (6 times); Walk easily (5 minutes).
Thursday: Warm Up (Walk easily, then briskly: 3 minutes); Power walk (2 minutes); Run fast (but don’t sprint: 2 minutes); Repeat Steps 1 & 2 (6 times); Cool down (Walk easily: 3 minutes).
Friday: Repeat Monday’s routine
Saturday: Warm Up (Walk easily, then briskly: 5 minutes); Power walk (2 minutes); Run fast (but don’t sprint: 4 minutes); Repeat Steps 1 & 2 (6 times), Cool Down (Walk easily: 4 minutes).
Following these treadmill workouts and maintaining control on your calorie intake will guarantee you positive weight loss results. Sparing as little as 20 minutes of your day to run on the treadmill is enough to lead to a healthier life and a nicer body. Treadmill weight loss is natural weight loss!