Preparation Time: 30 Min | Cooking Time: 15 Min | Served within: 45 Min | Servings: 4
The Artichoke is one of the oldest known cultivated vegetable. It provides numerous vitamins and minerals including dietary fiber, magnesium, and chromium. Artichokes are also a very good source of vitamin C, folic acid, and biotin. They also provide niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin A, and potassium.
Artichokes also provide numerous health benefits. They are know for aiding in cholesterol reduction, and ensuring a healthy liver function. The carbohydrate in artichokes is in the form of inulin, which has been shown to stabilize blood sugar levels in diabetes. It’s time to include artichokes in your diet. Check the artichokes barigoule recipe shared below and you will learn how to cook low fat.
Artichokes Barigoule Recipe – Ingredients
– 4 complete artichokes
– 8 medium sized white onions
– 2 slices (not to thin) of raw ham
– 4 carrots
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 1 glass of white wine
– 1/4 liters of chicken soup
– 1 branch of thyme
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 tablespoon of basil
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– salt and ground white pepper
Artichokes Barigoule Recipe – Method
1. Wash and clean all carrots and the white onion. Next, peel them.
2. Chop the slices of ham into small pieces.
3. Remove the hard leaves from the bottom part of the artichokes and cut the spine. Next cut the top away (a little less than 1 inch towards the core). Continue to extract the artichokes hearts (Check the below embedded YouTube video for more details).
4. Place the artichoke hearts in a pot filled with water and add a slice of lime. This will prevent the artichokes leaves from getting black.
5. Preheat a special low fat cooking pot until the boiling temperature is confirmed by the thermocontroller.
6. Next reduce the heat to minimum and add a spoon of olive oil, the carrots, the white onions, the pieces of raw ham and the garlic. Saute them all together.
7. Add the artichoke pieces to the pot and season everything with salt and pepper.
8. Pearl everything with the entire glass of white wine, cover the pot and continue to cook at medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Add the chicken soup and continue to boil for a few more minutes.
10. Finally, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and your artichokes barigoule are ready to be served.
Artichokes Barigoule Recipe – Important Tips
1. How to prepare artichokes for cooking – Video
2. The artichokes barigoule dish can be served warm or cold, as per your own desire.
3. This recipe should be made using only fresh artichoke hearts.
4. The chicken soup added at step 9 is mandatory, however, for optimal taste, we recommend you not to skip it.