Start your day with a healthy breakfast smoothie and assimilate the much needed nutrients for a busy schedule. When it comes to a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, nothing is more important than a solid breakfast. The following recipe is very easy to prepare. More, this smoothie is time saving. You can mix it within 15 minutes and can even serve it on your way to work, if you are in a real hurry.
Now let’s check the nutritional facts and benefits of the below provided breakfast smoothie recipe. Yogurt is a good source of calcium and phosphorus. It will take care of your bones and teeth. Bananas will relax of your nerves and prepare you for a stressful day. They provide good amounts of vitamin B6, potassium and manganese. Oranges, rich in vitamin C, strengthen your immune system while the whole grains provide a nutritional mix perfect for maintaining your general health. Raisins ensure your energy supply, while hazelnuts take care of your heart.
The breakfast smoothie recipe is suitable for everyone on a weight loss diet. Ingredients like banana, orange and yogurt are low in saturated fats, cholesterol and sodium. The smoothness provided by this drink aids digestion and helps your body to assimilate the nutrients faster.
Breakfast Smoothie – Ingredients
– 2 low fat yogurts
– 2 bananas (frozen)
– 200ml of fresh squeezed orange juice
– a cup of whole grains
– 50g of raisins
– a couple of hazelnuts
Breakfast Smoothie – Method
1. Pour the yogurt in the blender and add the peeled bananas. Blend a few seconds.
2. Add the fresh orange juice, obtained from one big squeezed orange, and the whole grains.
3. Continue blending, add the raisins and hazelnuts without stopping the blender.
4. Blend until you obtain a smooth beverage.
5. Serve it fresh and enjoy a beautiful morning!
Breakfast Smoothie – Tips
– For ideal consistency do not modify the above recipe. However you can add the entire peeled orange, juice and pulp, if you aim for a more solid final product. In this case you won’t have to squeeze the orange to obtain the fresh orange juice. Just add the peeled orange into the blender. Be careful though, as you might end up eating your smoothie with a teaspoon instead of drinking it from a deep glass.
– If you wish to diversify, you can replace the hazelnuts with almonds or nuts.