The following wheat germ smoothie recipe is ideal for a low fat meal. Wheat germ is excellent during any weight loss diet that implies cutting the fatty meat dishes. When you quit eating meat you aim to reduce the saturated fat intake. Inevitably, you’ll also miss out on important nutrients. The wheat germ is here to help you as it provides all the vitamins and minerals that you end up missing. One more weight loss benefit is that, wheat germ also provides fiber which satisfies your appetite.
Wheat germ is not the only healthy, low fat and full of nutrients, ingredient of this recipe. Peaches, oranges and bananas are all low fat, low cholesterol and low sodium fruits. On the other side they provide numerous vitamins (A, C, and many others), minerals and dietary fiber. If you are on a weight loss diet, this smoothie is certainly a beverage that you can include into your meal plan. You can use it as a standalone meal for breakfast or dinner.
Wheat Germ Smoothie – Ingredients
– 200 ml of fresh orange juice
– 2 peaches
– 2 frozen bananas
– 1 low fat or nonfat yogurt
– 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
– 1/2 cup of wheat germ
– 5 ice cubes
Wheat Germ Smoothie – Method
1. Obtain the 200 ml fresh orange juice from squeezing 1 or 2 oranges.
2. Cut the bananas and peaches into chunks and add them into the blender. Pour the orange juice, the yogurt and the honey. Blend for a few seconds.
3. Add the wheat germ and the ice cubes.
4. Blend until you obtain the desired smoothness.
5. Serve right away using a nice glass and a straw.
Wheat Germ Smoothie – Tips
– Freeze the banana at least 1 day before preparing the smoothie. You can keep it frozen for up to 2 months.
– If you do not have peaches you can use nectarines instead.
– Add honey only if you want an extra sweet smoothie. The beverage has a great taste even without the honey. Those aiming for weight loss shouldn’t add honey.
– You can sprinkle additional wheat germ over the top before serving this drink in order to make it look more stylish.