Preparation Time: 15 Min | Cooking Time: 15 Min | Served within: 30 Min | Servings: 4
The pan cooked asparagus with olives, preserved tomatoes and garnished with chicken steak sauce is another great appetizer for all of you that love the low fat cooking. Add this excellent recipe to your diet and impress your family and friends with yet another stylish lunch.
Asparagus is an ideal vegetable for a weight loss meal. It provides a high number of proteins and low figures of calories and carbohydrates. Asparagus is also rich in potassium and vitamins A,C and K. Probably the most impressive nutritional value provided by this vegetable is the perfect 2:1 ratio between calcium and magnesium. The asparagus aids in multiple health issues including: diabetes, arthritis and rheumatism, cancer, cataracts, aids pregnant women and many others.
Pan Cooked Asparagus with Olives and Preserved Tomatoes – Ingredients
– 20 pieces of asparagus (green, purple or white)
– 12 black olives (preferably Taggia olives)
– 12 peeled canned tomatoes
– 5 tablespoons of chicken steak sauce
– olive oil
– ground white pepper
– ice cubes
Pan Cooked Asparagus with Olives and Preserved Tomatoes – Method
1. Pour water in your special low fat cooking pot and add salt. Place it on your high heat stove and let it boil.
2. Clean and prepare the asparagus (Check the YouTube video embedded below for more details). Add it to the boiling and salted water and boil it briefly to preserve its nutritional benefits.
3. Next use the ice to cool the asparagus down.
4. Drain the water from it and place the asparagus on a plate covered with a cloth towel.
5. In a separate bowl, add the olives to the chicken steak sauce and let them accommodate.
6. Pre-heat a special low fat frying dish until the thermocontroller shows boiling temperature. Now, stop the heating, add the olive oil and the asparagus.
7. Mix the content until it turns to a golden shade. Add the preserved tomatoes on top of the mixture, to heat them too.
8. Place the mixture on a plate, add the olives and garnish everything with the chicken steak sauce and a little olive oil.
Pan Cooked Asparagus with Olives and Preserved Tomatoes – Tips
1. How to clean and prepare asparagus for cooking – Video
2. When you buy asparagus make sure that you pick straight, firm stalks with tight tips. You should it it fresh. If you decide to store it, storing time in optimal conditions (dry, in plastic bags) averages at around 3 days.