Homemade food is always the nicest, and often the best for you as you don’t need to put any extra nasty ingredients in it to make it taste as good as shop bought. Out of all the homemade foods, homemade vegetable soup is one of the very best for taste, ease of preparation and weight loss. It is also a good way to get rid of any vegetables that you can’t find anything else to go with or are nearing their use by date and are getting to the stage where they are about to be thrown away. You should include a soup in your lunch menu no matter if you seek for weight loss or just want to eat a balanced meal. Soups are not only a good nourishment for weight loss, they also aid digestion, prevent constipation and offer numerous other benefits.
The homemade vegetable soup is yet another addition to the list of weight loss soups presented so far at WeightLossBucket.com. It fits the profile along with the tomato soup recipe and with the other recipes available on our website. This soup is really easy to prepare. Even people with low cooking skills can prepare a simple and quick vegetable soup. Here is a basic recipe for making a healthy and good-tasting homemade soup that should serve up 4 portions:
Recipe for homemade vegetable soup – Ingredients
• 1kg of your favourite mixed root vegetables (carrots, celery, leek, onion, parsnip, potato, swede, turnip, sweet potato and anything else you think will work well)
• 75g butter or margarine
• 2 cloves of sliced garlic
• A bay leaf
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
• 300ml vegetable stock
Recipe for homemade vegetable soup – Method
1. Wash and prepare the vegetables, trimming, and peeling where necessary and then slice them up.
2. Heat the butter or margarine in a large pan and add in the vegetables, garlic, bay leaf and a little salt and pepper depending on how you like your soup to taste.
3. Stir the mixture well and cover it up with a pan lid for 15 minutes over a hot hob, with occasional stirring.
4. Add your stock, bring to the boil, then cover the mixture and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes – this time can be altered if the vegetables to make sure the vegetables end up perfectly tender.
5. Remove the bay leaf and strain the soup – make sure you keep the liquid that remains!
6. Blend or mash about half the vegetables and add them to the liquid from the previous step.
7. Liquidise the remaining vegetables until they are at a soup-like consistency and add to the other half of vegetables and liquid.
8. Taste your soup and add salt and pepper to your liking – it’s ready to dish up!
Soup, in general, is good for weight loss. The homemade vegetable soup is made almost entirely out of vegetables and this combination makes it even better for weight loss. A particular pro of weight loss soup is that you can modify the recipe to fit whatever vegetables you have going spare in your home so you will never waste a single vegetable again. More, you will end up with a soup that tastes completely different every time you make it. This prevents the routine and allows you to eat a soup everyday. You can alternate the vegetable soup with, tomato soup, cabbage soup and other weight loss soups.