Zucchini is one of many ideal ingredients, when it comes to a low fat and low calorie meal. As you already noticed today’s recipe involves round zucchini. Zucchini or zucchinis are, surprisingly or not, fruits. However, many treat them as vegetables because of their wide usage as ingredients in cooked dishes.
Zucchini provide numerous health benefits. They aid eyesight because they contain lutein and vitamin C. The zucchini weight loss benefits are highlighted by the low calorie content. One zucchini has only 25 calories, or to be more precise zucchini’s offer only 15 calories per 100g. This vegetable contains also high amounts of water, which make it ideal for people on a diet. Other nutrients like vitamin A, folate and potassium contribute to your general health.
Round Zucchini stuffed with Clams – Ingredients
– 4 zucchini
– 2 kg of clams
– 2 kg of bivalve shells
– 1 kg of mollusks
– 1 kg of salt water snails
– 2 rife tomatoes (chopped)
– 1/2 teaspoon of curry
– a tablespoon of mustard (Dijon)
– 2 strained yogurts
– 1/2 of lettuce
– 2 parsley links
– olive oil
– grounded pepper
– fine salt and Guerande salt crystals
Round Zucchini stuffed with Clams – Method
1. Clean the clams and shells using cold water.
2. Clean the parsley and save the leaves.
3. Pre-heat your low fat frying pot until the built-in thermocontroller shows the boiling temperature.
3. Clean the round zucchinis using water. First, create a base at the peduncle level. Now, cut a thin slice at the top of the zucchini, 2/3 towards the top, without removing the fresh created lid. Using a small spoon, remove the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick wall.
4. Salt the interior of the emptied zucchini and place them on a strainer. Let them drain for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat at minimum level, grease the pot with olive oil and add the zucchini. Mix for 3 minutes. Cover the cooking pot and let them boil until they are cooked. When ready place the cooked zucchini on a plate.
6. Pre-heat a second low fat cooking pot until you get the boiling temperature displayed on the thermocontroller. Add some olive oil. Next, place the clams and the bivalve shells. Make sure that you place the thicker ones towards the bottom. Add parsley leaves and cover the pot.
7. Drain the content of the pot when all shells are opened. Save the juice and peel the shells.
8. Mix the mollusks with yogurt and mustard. Add the curry and a few drops of vinegar. Salt and pepper. Mix the content with a little olive oil and with the previously saved juice.
9. Unzip the lettuce leaves.
10. Fill the cooked zucchini with the obtained mixture. Season with chopped tomato pieces and parsley.
11. Repeat the process and fill the bivalve shells.
12. Serve this delicate dish on a plate garnished with lettuce leaves.
Round Zucchini stuffed with Clams – Tips
– How to prepare zucchini for stuffing (Video)
– When buying zucchini choose those that are firm, slender and smooth .
– Highlight your dish with a stylish arrangement. Place the zucchini at the center of the plate and surround it with shells as shown in the above picture.