The Strawberry, Guava and Cranberry Smoothie is a delicious beverage with multiple health benefits. You can call also call it the red smoothie. This drink is included in the Full Spectrum diet. It is the main nourishment of the red Monday breakfast. Obviously, you can prepare it whenever you need a refreshing natural beverage, but we recommend you to consume it in the morning.
Strawberries provide a whole range of nutrients: Vitamin C, Vitamin K, manganese, vitamins B5 and B6, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. They also help in fighting free radicals.
Guava is a nutrient powerhouse. It is a fiber rich fruit found in Central America. Some of the health benefits that we need to highlight are lowering blood pressure and aid in weight loss. Guavas help reduce cholesterol and prevent blood from thickening. This way they improve blood flow and lower the blood pressure. Weight loss benefits are recognized in it’s appetite suppression properties. The great think is that guava’s provide numerous vitamins, in small quantities and in the same time provide a sensation of fullness.
Cranberries are known for aiding in urinary tract infections, help with heart diseases and prevent cancer. Their flavonoids help lower the bad cholesterol and prevent the damage of arteries.
Strawberry, Guava and Cranberry Smoothie – Ingredients
– 10 frozen strawberries
– 2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
– 2 medium sized guavas
– 6 ice cubes
– 1 tablespoon of honey
Strawberry, Guava and Cranberry Smoothie – Recipe
1. Cut guavas in half and scoop out pulp. Place the pulp in the blender.
2. Add half of the frozen strawberries, 3 ice cubes and all cranberries. Blend for 30 seconds.
3. Add the honey, the remaining strawberries and 3 more ice cubs. Blend again until you obtain the preferred consistency.
4. Serve the beverage right away!
Strawberry, Guava and Cranberry Smoothie – Tips
– Low fat, cholesterol and heart healthy smoothie!
– Be aware that strawberries are very perishable. Buy them only a few days before preparing the beverage, to obtain an optimal smoothie.
– Fresh cranberries, with the highest levels of nutrients, are at their peak in October, November and December.