You are reading this article because you are interested in grapefruit weight loss, and the benefits of the grapefruit diet or the grapefruit juice diet. The problem with writing an article on the benefits of grapefruits is that there are simply too many to mention in such a small space! The most well-known vitamin in grapefruit is vitamin C which helps fight off colds and flu, but the fruit also contains vitamins A, B complex, E and K. There are also minerals such as calcium, folic acid, phosphorus and potassium that may help fight certain cancers and other serious disease.
Something about eating or drinking grapefruit also makes you feel full. Think of it as the fruit equivalent of peanut butter – when you eat peanut butter you feel more full than eating the same calorie intake of something else; grapefruit does the same (with the added benefit of being a natural product). It also contains a lot of water which will help you on your goal to improve your water intake (as it is always recommended by experts to increase water intake). Increased water intake has a strong connection to improving your metabolism which ultimately helps with weight loss.
Citrus fruits are generally acidic, yet after digestion grapefruits turns alkaline meaning that it helps neutralise some of the acid in your stomach. This may help with indigestion problems and help reduce the chance of health problems that are associated with an overly-acidic stomach. The fruit will also aid digestion as, especially when you eat the pith, it increases your fibre intake, helping food move through your digestion system with more ease. Interestingly there is a property of grapefruit that absorbs excessive starch and sugar within the body, meaning that it is effectively a fat-burning fruit!
Although grapefruits are very good for you, especially when you are engaged in weight loss there are a few major downsides (nothing is perfect in this world!). Firstly, if you are on any sort of medication the grapefruit may have the effect of slowing down the absorption of the medication into your system, and may bring about an overdose situation – if you are on any sort of medication you must see your doctor/GP/physician before considering this diet. Also, you (unfortunately) cannot replace your whole food intake with just grapefruits! The large amount of vitamin C in the fruit may leads to your bones and teeth weakening as calcium leaves your system.
The Grapefruit Weight Loss Juice Diet
Follow this grapefruit weight loss diet and start losing pounds naturally!
1. Prepare yourself each evening a grapefruit juice. You only need a grapefruit and a fruit squeezing machine. You should obtain at least 150ml of fresh grapefruit juice.
2. Drink the grapefruit juice soon after the extraction. This way you will avoid oxidation and obtain the full benefits of the grapefruit.
3. If you prefer to drink the juice without the pulp you can now eat the pulp separately 10 minutes after drinking the juice. (However this step is optional)
4. Follow the grapefruit diet, daily, for 1 month and check your results!
– To get the most juice from a grapefruit make sure that the fruit is of average size and heavy. This means that it has the most fruit potential and it is also easy to squeeze. Large grapefruits might provide less juice as the average ones!
– The grapefruit weight loss results should start to appear in a few days. You won’t need anymore food during the evening and you will avoid eating when it is less recommended. You should start the day with a big glass of milk though and include broccoli in your diet, because both of them provide Calcium. This will compensate the Ca loss provided by the grapefruits.
– This weight loss diet should be followed daily, for 1 month. Please discontinue it after the 30 days. You can replace the grapefruit juice with a simple and healthy evening salad. A vegetable salad would be recommended!