Preparation Time: 10 Min | Cooking Time: 5 Min | Served within: 15 Min | Servings: 1
It was about time for us to post a smoothie recipe suitable for all our vegan readers. This beverage is an all natural drink. You can also call it health by the glass! Our vegetarian smoothie is a mix of vegetables and fruits which provide the energy for a busy day. Prepare and drink it during your breakfast and you will ingest a cocktail full of vitamin and minerals.
The below vegetarian smoothie recipe provides a whole range of health benefits. Here are some important examples, after analyzing some of the ingredients: carrots, one of the main ingredient, will take care of your eyes; broccoli fights against free-radicals; spinach offers you a welcomed oxygen boost; an apple today, will keep the doctor away; oranges boost the immune system while zucchini helps to prevent diseases, like scurvy, bruising caused by the deficiency of Vitamin C.
Vegetarian Smoothie Recipe – Ingredients
– 2 frozen carrots
– 4 frozen broccoli florets
– 4 leaves of raw spinach
– 1 apple
– 2 oranges
– 1/4 of zucchini
– 1 sprig of parsley
– 3 ice cubes
Vegetarian Smoothie Recipe – Method
1. Peel an orange and squeeze it, saving the juice in a cup.
2. Add the frozen carrots, broccoli florets the apple, the remaining peeled orange and the zucchini in a blender. Blend for a few seconds.
3. Add the fresh obtained orange juice, the spring of parsley, spinach and the ice cubes to the content of the blender. Mix until you obtain the desired consistency.
4. Serve your smoothie in a deep glass. Enjoy!
Vegetarian Smoothie Recipe – Tips
– It’s not recommended to use any sweetener for this drink. However, if you insist you can add an teaspoon of honey.
– Use only the broccoli florets. Do not add the stems as an ingredient. This will help you obtain a pleasant taste.
– As you might already consider, this beverage is not only for vegetarians. Everyone can include it in a healthy diet.