Some call it ‘the imagination diet‘, others ‘the newest weight-loss tool‘ or even ‘the newest weight loss trick‘. One thing is certain though;if used properly, imagination aids weight loss! This has been proven by researches from the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. Their M&M mental imagery trial demonstrates that people can obtain appetite suppression and reduce the lust of cravings, by actually imagining the entire process of eating that specific craving over and over again. The explanation is simple: by visualizing yourself eating a specific food, bite after bite, (in your mind), you brain is kick-starting your body in thinking that it’s eating.
M&M Mental Imagery Trial
The Carnegie Mellon University mental imaginary trial involved two similar groups of people. They asked the subjects from one group to imagine themselves eating 30 M&Ms while the others just 3 M&Ms!
After the imagination part, both groups where offered a bowl of actual M&Ms and where asked to dig in!
The Result: those who imagined themselves eating 30 M&Ms, ate half as many as the other group!
Imagination and Weight Loss
Dr. Marie Savard comments the above presented study, and informs that it proves the power that the brain has over the body. The above explained visualization process causes two major changes in ones body. First it brings the brain to release dopamine, which leads to a sensation of fullness and satisfaction and it’s also offering your body a heads-up. So, when you actually start eating the food, you fell that you have being doing it for the past 10-15 minutes and that’s enough to make you eat less.
The Imagination Diet
Think yourself thin in just 3 steps!
1. Detect your emerging lust of craving as soon as possible!
2. Start the visualization process and imagine yourself (in the most detailed manner possible) eating that particular craving.
3. Repeat step 2 over and over again for 10-15 minutes.
Imagination Diet Tips
– You can use this weight loss trick to complete any major diet available. Whatever diet you chose to follow will end up restricting one or more of your cravings or favourite foods. Use the imagination diet whenever you want to quit your regular diet and feel that you need to grab some of restricted nourishment.
– The imagination diet can’t be used as a standalone diet, it’s just a weight-loss tool that will boost your results, if used properly!
– Remember that one mental imagery session works to kill the lust of one particular craving. If you imagine yourself eating cookies, it will only kill your lust for cookies and not something else!
– Don’t use the imagination diet against addictive cravings. It isn’t recommended to use this weight loss secret if you suffer from alcohol, drug or any kind of addictions. Specialists consider addictions a serious subject which should be handled by a doctor.